Hana is a self-taught photographer raised in Whistler and currently living in Vancouver, Canada. Her main focus in photography is the “little moments” that people sometimes miss and later wish they had captured. She hopes to inspire others to take more photos in their day to day life.
leila and her dad!
This is one of my favourites!
1. PREP: Wet your face with warm water! One of the most important steps in achieving the perfect shave is to make sure you get plenty of warm water on your face, this will soften beard hair and open pores. If possible, always shave after you step out of the shower or apply a moistened hot (warm) towel to your face for a few minutes before shaving.
2. PRE-SHAVE: Lightly rub our pre-shave formula onto your face and neck prior to applying shaving cream. This step will help protect your skin by allowing the razor to glide over your skin, reducing the chance of nicks, cuts, and razor burn.
3. LATHER UP: With a quality shaving brush or your fingers, gently massage our lubricating shave cream onto your face and neck. This step will help the beard hair to stand up away from the skin resulting in a closer more comfortable shave.
4. THE BATTLE OF THE BLADE: Always use a sharp blade, there is nothing worse than dragging a cold piece of dull steel across your face! Shave in the direction of your beard growth (with the grain) Shaving against the grain can lead to irritation and ingrown hairs. If you dare to get as smooth as possible, go for a second pass against the grain this time using light pressure and short strokes. Always rinse the blade under hot water before you start shaving, and every couple of strokes during your shave. Rinse face with cold water and pat dry, not rub dry, pat dry.
5. PROTECT: Apply our light non greasy non oily soothing after shave lotion. This lotion will nourish while protecting your newly shaven skin.
Following these 5 simple steps should help you to achieve the perfect shave. Never ever rush your shave, it’s the only face you got so take your time and enjoy this manly ritual!
Thanks to our friends at Crown Shaving Co. for these tips. We will be carrying a limited selection of Crown Shaving Co. grooming products at our LOCO for LOCAL shop on Dec 8th-11th! So come by early to ensure all the men in your life are well groomed and looking their best for the holidays.